There are so many meaningful ways to get involved with St. Mary’s Kids. From volunteering your time at our inpatient facility to hosting a fundraiser, we are grateful for your support.
Volunteer at our Hospital
St. Mary’s Hospital for Children encourages and recognizes volunteer service as an important contribution to our mission. Volunteers are screened and interviewed; receive training and evaluations; and assist through the various departments, as needed. In conjunction with the department managers, the Volunteer Coordinator will assist with identifying productive and creative roles for suitable volunteers ages 14 and up.
The Volunteer Program at St. Mary’s enables community members to become involved in a variety of activities, such as working directly with the children in recreational activities, tutoring, friendly visiting, or classroom assistance. Volunteers can also offer their time and talents in one of our offices, on the patient units, or on a special short-term assignment. St. Mary’s also provides high school students with an opportunity to fulfill their community service requirements.
Areas of interest include:
- Friendly Visitor: Hold infants and toddlers providing sensory touch, song or reading; stroll infant/toddler in the patient neighborhoods.
- Doula Program: Provide companionship, comfort, advocacy, emotional, spiritual, and social supports to the child and family. Doula volunteers are required to participate in and successfully complete an 8-session training course designed to educate on topics related to palliative and end-of-life care.
- Rehabilitation Helper: Distract children with play during therapy; assist with cleaning and organizing equipment and supplies.
- Recreation Assistant: Use interactive play, music, dance, art or reading to entertain children.
- Clerical Helper: Assist with ad-hoc faxing, mail pickup, copying, filing, and special projects.
Our Volunteer Coordinator, Jillian Quinn is available for any questions you may have. She can be reached at 718-281-8508 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact the Volunteer Hotline at 718-281-8933.
Download the Volunteer Application. Please do not submit your application until all requirements are completed.
May 1 for High School Summer Applications
August 1 for High School Fall Applications
Special Event Volunteers
Join an event committee and help raise funds and awareness at one of our signature events or promotions, including the Walk for St. Mary’s Kids, Golf Outings, Tribute Dinner and more.
Or organize your own event and name St. Mary’s as the beneficiary! St. Mary’s can support your efforts by providing the following:
- A letter to validate the event
- St. Mary’s logo (all usage must be approved in advance)
- St. Mary’s fact sheet
- A thank you letter you may send to your donors and participants
- Help to publicize your event
Contact the Development Office at 718-281-8890 for more information.