St. Mary’s Offers FREE Car Seat Checks from September 19- 24- Call for Appointment
In recognition of National Child Passenger Safety Week, St. Mary’s Healthcare System for Children is helping to raise awareness about the importance of keeping kids safe by offering FREE car seat inspections from September 19th- September 24th. 4 out of 5 car seats are used or installed imporperly
Have your car seat checked by certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians at St. Mary’s. Call 718- 281-8571 to make an appointment today. Appointments are also available year-round if you cannot make this event.
St. Mary’s continues to be the forefront leader in promoting child safety, and for the past nine years, has been training families on how to properly install infant, toddler, and booster seats. In their work, St. Mary’s certified child passenger safety technicians have found that over 90 percent of car seats are improperly installed. A properly installed car seat can mean the difference between life and death in the case of a crash, and it can also dramatically reduce the risk of injury for babies and toddlers.
St. Mary’s encourages families to make every ride a safe ride by following simple safety tips;
• The safest place for children of any age to ride is properly restrained in the back
• Always place children in age-appropriate car or booster seats in the back seat
• Always read the child seat instruction manual as each manufacturer provides specific instructions regarding proper use and installation of their child seats
• Never leave your child unattended in or around a car
• Lock all car doors and trunks and keep all keys and remote devices away from children
• Buckle unused seatbelt
• Seat belts fit properly when they can be worn with the lap portion of the belt low and snug across the thighs, and the shoulder portion across the chest and shoulder